Friday, June 29, 2007

SinoSikat?



Album Title: SinoSikat?
Label: Warner Music Philippines
Album Artist: SinoSikat?
Content: 10 tracks
Price: 290 pesos

Review:

Sino Sikat? is composed of Kat Agarrado on vocals, Nick Azarcon on guitars and Reli De Vera on drums. Their music is called Pinoy Soul with a touch of RnB and jazz. It is kind of weird because I bought this kind of cd. I am usually into rock alternative kind of sound. Why I bought this album? I love “So Blue” very much. And if they produced 2 beautiful songs already so it means they can have lots of it on their album. Kat’s voice is really powerful. In some parts of “Praning” I thought it’s by a guy yung skwaking and di ba?. But I listened to it closely and found it it’s only her. Kat also wrote lots of song in the album. “Praning”, “Prayer” and “Sino” has funny lyrics. I enjoyed listening to it. She uses slang words. Like aning, olats, skwaking though I don’t know what the latter means. In “Akin Ka” parang iba yung pag ka record. It’s like live. “Telepono” is quite upbeat song. Then it followed by slow “Pag-ibig”. When you hear it you definitely fall in love. yung “Prayer” parang may katunog. I don’t know if it’s “Rehab” by Amy Winehouse or any songs by Bob Marley. Well it doesn’t matter because it tells you to “If you want to gain you must first face the pain. I know I have to use my brain. Everything will be alright if you just keep the faith”. I really love that line because it’s really true. The album ends with “Sino”. Parang pinag laruan nila yung band name nila. “Feeling mo ika’y sikat wala namang dating. Sino nagsabi sa’yo?”. I really love this album because I can relate to it. kasi yung language sa mga songs yung mga ginagamit natin sa araw araw. In the songs it’s like I can see myself.

Who will like it?

Teens could relate to this song. Kasi nandito yung mga ordinary things that we do or say. Sabi din nila baby-making music din ito. For me hindi lahat. Siguro yung “Pag-ibig”, “Turning my safety off” and “So Blue”.

Best among the rest:

I’ll say “So Blue”, “Praning” and “Prayer”. But all of them is a must hear din.

Album Sleeve

I like the cover. Simple lang. then yung mga lyrics handwritten lang. I think si Kat nagsulat. Pati yung thank yous nila handwritten by them. I really like simple things because simple stands out for me.

Rating:
9 rockstars!!

No comments: