Monday, June 25, 2007

IKON


“Nobody wants to see us together…”

Hehehehe… I put that lyric because my tile is IKON, the newest show on RP 9 and that song is from Akon.
It’s a contest that will showcase famous Filipino solo/group artist that will compete to win the title IKON (icon). I think whoever win this title will go to Malaysia and other countries and represent the Philippines. It is shown on RP 9 every Sundays 7:00 onwards and hosted by Asia Agcaoili. The first contestant was Sitti, the bossa nova babe. She sang I don’t know the title but it goes “Kung gusto kong sumayaw at gusto mo ring kumanta…”and the last was her hit song “Para sa akin”. The next contestant for the solo category was Noel Cabangon. He sang two songs. I don’t know the title of the first song but the last one he sang “Kanlungan”. If I will choose between the two I think I will choose Noel for singing his songs really touching and uplifting. But being the IKON, you will go to different country; I think the style of Sitti will work than Noels’.
In group category True Faith and Sponge Cola were there to compete against the title. True Faith sang “Araw Gabi”. In the other hand Sponge Cola represents the rock scene and sang “Tuliro” and “Bitiw”. If I have to choose… do I need to choose between them? They are different kasi. True Faith is on the acoustic side while Sponge Cola is on the rock side. Pero kung kailangan talaga I will choose Sponge Cola. Honestly, hindi ganun kaganda voice ni Yael pero in the band sabi nga ni Ely hindi necessary na maganda ang boses. I think song writing is more needed i-add na din yung charisma. So I think they can compete sa ibang country. Looks kasi is plus points.
Matagal ko nang pinapangarap na magkaroon ng ganitong show. Magaling!! Kasi the one who are competing is not your ordinary contestants. Meron silang “K”, I mean if you compare sa mga new artist katulad yung mga idol idol. Yung mga kasali sa group category ay: Kala, Kapatid, Chicosci, Sponge Cola, True Faith, Chilitees, Kjwan… marami pa di ko alam yung buong list. pero if I have to choose again between this list I will choose Chilitees and Sponge Cola. Sa solo si Sitti pero pwede pang mabago as the show progresses.

PS. Sana kasali ang urban dub, Pupil, Rivermaya and up dharma down. Pero Malabo na yung Rivermaya eh…

No comments: